We’re looking for an enthusiastic and customer-centric Cloud Architect to support activities, formulate client cloud strategies, design and document client solutions, develop policies & standards, improve clients existing processes and systems, support projects implementations and ensure they conform to technology standards, input in the planning of future offerings, research new technologies, and communicate effectively plans, ideas and designs to the appropriate audience.
- A broad understanding of enterprise-class technologies
- Detailed understanding of a number of the following:
- Azure technologies: Azure ASR, RBAC, Express Route, App Service, Azure Policy, Azure Monitor, WDM, Azure Arc etc.
- Microsoft Technologies: Windows server, Active Directory, DNS, ADFS, Exchange server, etc.
- Containers: Kubernetes and/or Docker
- Network technologies: TCP/IP, WAN, routers, load-balancers etc.
- Security: Firewalls, IDS/IPS, SIEM, PKI etc.
- Scripting: PowerShell and/or JSON
- Data platforms: Azure SQL, Cosmos DB, Azure Synapse Analytics
- Infrastructure provisioning tools and techniques (Terraform knowledge is a big plus)
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a technical architect (or similar role) in corporate environment with a complex, large-scale IT estate
- Extensive experience designing or implementing IaaS/PaaS based solutions using Microsoft Azure. Experience on AWS also very valuable
- Extensive experience producing high-quality architectural documentation eg strategies, roadmaps, HLD, LLD, frameworks and standards
- Experience in migrating workloads from on premise datacentres to the Public Cloud
- Experience configuring automation for Public cloud-based workloads
- Experience working with Kubernetes and/or Docker
- Experience with a tightly-governed Azure environment is desirable but not necessary
This role will be based at ModernLogic HQ at Oxford
Apply for this job
* Required fields